Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things I hate

A photo essay by me...



Sure, I love Easter egg hunting ALOT. I spend at least a week buying and filling plastic eggs before the big day. But the aftermath always kills me. I find plastic egg shells around the house for weeks, sometimes months, after Easter. Somehow, despite my best efforts to clean up and pack the decorations until next year, those damn plastic eggs continue to pop up in the strangest places.

Another-


Isabel's train/boat

Ok- I don't hate this per say (since that would make me a really bad mommy), but Izzy has a proliferating art habit that is getting a bit unmanageable. Everyday she comes home from preschool with at least 3 bits of paper with some new masterpiece on it. And she has a habit of becoming immediately attached to her "work," usually by gifting it to me. It's not as if we don't support her habit. Our house boasts this display venue-




As well as this-



It's just that the house boats/trains as well as the clay baby dinosaurs and numerous bird finger puppets don't fit neatly into the girls' art folders and end up collecting dust and undue attention from the cats.

Oh well, such is life. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I've started scanning all of his art (or photographing the things that aren't scannable) and will eventually compile them all into a photo book. At the very least it helps to minimize the clutter.