Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Weekend Away

I am a bit behind on my blogging and I am officially dragging at the moment, so these few entries will be kind of short.  Ryan and I took our first non-small fry vacation two weekends ago.  To be fair, we've managed to slip in a conference or two sans enfants (and had a lovely time doing so since both conferences were in the UK) but this weekend entailed no thinking, no time management, and only fun.  Look how happy we were...



Well maybe we weren't as happy together as Ryan was playing pirate at the Field Museum.



Officially we were in Chicago for my cousin's wedding. The wedding was just as all proper weddings should be: a bit touching, a bit tacky, and alot of fun. I do just love Chicago. I don't think I've ever had a bad time when visiting as an adult. We stuck to our old favorites: the Art Institute, Millennium Park, the Walnut Room in the old Marshall Fields. Someday we'll venture out more, but for now, a perfect weekend.

No comments: