Monday, December 22, 2008

So this is Christmas




Things are definitely looking up.  With the open house and cookie swap behind us, the presents wrapped, and the house generally in order, the girls and I have decided to have some fun before our extended family arrives for the holidays.  I decided to keep Izzy and Lottie out of school this week to enjoy a little time alone before the next round of madness descends.

Today we went to see the train exhibit at the Botanical Gardens downtown.  This is our third year attending so I wasn't expecting magical but then again, I'm not a kid, so what do I know?  Clearly, as you can probably tell from the pictures, I was in the minority with that one.  It's bitter cold here in DC today, like much of the rest of the East Coast so we decided to drive into town and to forgo foraging at the outdoor Christmas market near Chinatown.  (I guess there's always tomorrow for that.)  But despite the wild winds and the itchy wool hats, the girls had a magnificent time.  And the trains, which were all indoors this year, were lovely.  It is, after all, the little things that make up memories worth remembering.

No comments: