Friday, June 19, 2009

Girl fever

I wonder if it would be different if I had little boys. Would I be like my sister who since the birth of her sons hasn't met a motorcycle she didn't like? What if I had a boy and a girl?! I imagine I would be extremely conflicted. As it is, I have two girls. Not just any girls but two bubble gum pink girls. The purse carrying, bead wearing, high heel kind of girls. Idols in life include (in no particular order) Eloise, Angelina, Madeline, Lola, and sometimes Pinkalicious.

The funny thing is is that the more time I spend with them, the more I become like them. I spend my time lusting after Swish and Swanky posts. I mean look at the kinds of things she finds-

these coloring books:



Or this print maker:



When not lusting online, I am drawn to shops. Who wouldn't eat this kind of stuff up?



(By the way- for anyone in DC- the Kid's Closet is still having a sale on Bonnie Jean dresses...)

Or the ribboned flip-flops that the Purple Goose has right now among the other way expensive delights they boast. I mean just look- don't your teeth hurt with all the sweetness?



Izzy and I have been known to have serious conversation about wands. Where does it stop?

It's not that I don't think I can relate to a boy anymore or not that I don't secretly harbor a wish for some more blonde goodness running around- I'm also addicted to Darby Stickler's blog and think well maybe three wouldn't be so bad and I bet we could make a cute one- but could you imagine a boy in a sea of all this pink these days? I imagine, as I have threatened to do sometimes when things get too much, he would simply want to puke.

More fun on the way for the weekend. See you see!

No comments: