Monday, June 15, 2009

The Weekend that Was

I'd like to say I had pictures to document our weekend adventures but alas, no pictures and no adventures. Pretty much just the standard fare of summer- pool on Friday night followed by tex-mex and the best custard outside of WI (anyone from the DC area would know I was of course talking about the Dairy Godmother). Saturday was filled with yard work, painting, and kiddie pooling in the backyard. I will get a picture of the kiddie pool soon since it is really quite delightful this year. The girls were also rather delighted to have their play house restored to a more playful area of the yard and I was delighted to have my patio back, even if there's hay still on it. (Long story involving lots of wet, yucky mud and grass seeds.) Saturday night we had dinner on the newly restored patio and were entertained by a bevy of rabbits in the lower back. Apparently the clover down there is quite tasty. We returned to the great outdoors following bath to watch for fireflies. It was just about dusk and so the viewing wasn't superb and the kids got a bit antsy, but in my mind there's nothing like a red plastic Adirondack chair on a June evening.

Sunday was much of the same except that I got into the kiddie pool myself for awhile. Yes, it's that big. A BBQ with friends Sunday night and it was off to dreamland.

Part of the hectic pace was dictated by our fun summer weekends (only so much time to fit in necessary house projects) and by my really strong desire to tackle a small kitchen upgrade. We've tried to make the kitchen more presentable by painting and swapping out the light fixtures, but we're in some serious need of more make-over. I'll post some pix this week to prove it. I am determined to do this for cheap- we're not talking a full make-over here and so I expect that the kitchen is going to occupy a lot of our time in the next few months. Alas (unless it turns out well then joy!)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

SuburbanDaddy said...

Hello! I found your blog recently and would like to feature it in the Local Bloggers section of a new DC area parenting site Kidburst.com. If you are interested, please contact me through Kidburst or SuburbanDaddy.